Customer security is very important to us at MyDeal and we take measures to ensure the security of your information. If your order has been placed on hold you may be required to complete our one-time verification process.
Our system is designed to detect first time or high value purchases. Once our system flags these orders, we require further verification from our customers before proceeding further. This security procedure is designed to ensure the online purchase was authorised.
You can verify one of two ways:
1. Verify a Small Refund Amount (recommended option)
- We place a small refund amount back onto the credit/debit card used to pay
- The amount will be less than $1
- Once you see this small refund amount in your account, please confirm the amount with us
- Normally the refund takes 2-3 business days
- Once you have verified your email will be white listed for future use
2. Verify with a Photo (alternative option)
An alternate option is to provide a photo, please note that this is not a requirement. As demonstrated in the photo above we will require the card holder to provide the following details.
- The Card holder’s complete face.
- The Card holders ID face side up in the photo.
- The Credit card used during purchase, we only need to see the name on the card and the last 4 digits. (Please ensure to cover the first 12 digits)
Why do I need to do this?
This is an extra layer of security to protect our customers and our sellers. We request this verification to protect you against unauthorised use of your card.
Do I need to verify every time?
No, this is a one-time process. Once you have successfully verified, we will white-list your MyDeal account (email address) for future use.
I can’t see the small refund yet.
The small refund amount is usually processed shortly after the purchase is made. In most cases it will clear the customer account by the following business day. However, in some cases may take 2-3 business days.
I received an SMS.
To ensure that we are in constant contact with our customers during this process we attempt various different contact methods to try and make this process as quick as possible. If you require further information please refer back to your email for more details.
I don’t want to send you a photo.
Photo verification is not required, it is an option that we provide some of our customers if they wish to verify this way. In most cases our customers verify using the small refund amount method.