MyDeal has implemented improved security measures for all MyDeal accounts. Two-step verification adds an additional layer of security to protect your personal details. It can also help prevent unauthorised account access even if someone has access to your password.
Enable Two-Step Verification
- Log in to your MyDeal account with your email
- In your Account, select Security
- Click Add Additional Security and follow the on-screen prompts
MyDeal may request you enter a unique 6-digit verification code that is sent to either your mobile number or your email address. The verification code is only valid for 15 minutes. If the code is not entered within 15 minutes, you can request a new code to be sent.
I’m having trouble entering the 6-digit code
- Have you typed your code correctly?
- Is the code valid? Your verification code expires after 15 minutes, so you’ll need to start again and get a new code if you’ve waited longer than 15 minutes to enter the first one.
- Did you close the page or hit the back button? Do not close the verification page or go back.
- Is your browser blocking cookies? If you see the error message “Something went wrong while trying to authenticate you”, check that your browser is not blocking cookies and that you’re not in private mode or incognito. You may also need to clear your browsing data.
If you're still having trouble, please contact our Customer Service team.
Can I change where the verification code is sent?
Yes, once you have enabled Two-Step verification, you can select to receive your verification code via Email or SMS.